Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"...and she wants none of it. She wants the least of what I can give. I'm happy to be her friend. But to pretend I don't love her with all my heart? To hide it, to swallow it, to keep it inside for an undisclosed amount of time, amongst a sea of uncertainty, amongst a barren landscape with a lack of promises, until a time that may never come? I'm being pushed to my limits in terms of trust. "Faith" is not something I do. I cannot trust someone without a very good reason to do so. Loving someone is a good reason to do many things, but it is not a good reason to blindly place one's faith into another. It seems my love for her does have it's limits.

Limits, of course, is what makes it so real, and so authentic. If I said I'd kill for her, it isn't love. It's infatuation."

Love is pushing your own limits for another, while, at the same time, respecting them.

It seems I've got to make a decision...

Hekate, Goddess of the Crossroads... guide me.

No comments: